Blackberry Cheesecake Brownie
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 10 oz. (1 3/4 c.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Cheesecake Ingredients
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 6-oz. package blackberries
- Preparation:Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.(Make sure cooking spray is on all sides and bottom)
- Make the brownie batter: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and 7 ounces chocolate chips (about 1 1/4 cups) in a medium bowl, sift together 3/4 cup flour, the cocoa powder and the salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, 3 eggs and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Add the flour mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and mix to combine. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Make the cheesecake batter: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoon flour in a large bowl until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and remaining 2 eggs and beat to combine.
- Spread half the brownie batter (about 2 cups) into the prepared pan. Spoon half the cheesecake mixture (about 1 3/4 cups) on top and gently spread it around. Top with the remaining brownie batter.
- Crush the blackberries and swirl through the remaining cheesecake batter. Spread the blackberry cheesecake on top of the brownie batter. (You will end up with 4 layers)
- Bake until the top is just set, 50-55 minutes.
Back to Recipes