With spring comes fresh local asparagus. So easy and good for you too!
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus (about 30 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- If the stalks of the asparagus are thick; a new trick I heard, was snap the end off and where it snaps is where is starts to get tough; or peel the bottom half of each stalk.
- Lay them in a single layer on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan and return to the oven for another minute.
Back to Recipes